I've seen this floating around, and now I've been tagged by Gail Maki Wilson. I don't always do these, but sharing "6 weird things about myself" sounds pretty fun (the "rules" are below). I've done some crazy stuff in my life (I only play a mild-mannered children's book illustrator on the internet.) So, here I go:
1) I used to hang-glide. Yup. It's why I moved to Chattanooga (great town!). I started lessons in college, scaping together money to camp in the l.z. (landing zone) and leap off the small training hills. I eventually moved up to jumping off the mountain. For years I drove up to Chattaboogie in my '78 Landcruiser (great vehicle!) until I finally moved there. I loved the reactions from the tourists around the launch, "It's a GIRL!"
2) I like to rock climb. I first took it up towards the end of my hang-gliding days and discovered I loved it. It's not as hard as you'd think, it's more like a big puzzle you have to figure out as you go up. We have indoor climbing walls here in the big city, and I've been a few times, but I need to go more to help research my new novel.
3) I make bread. It's really not that hard to do, it just takes time, and since I work at home, I'm here to keep an eye on it. I love to knead the dough. It's like you can hear the ghosts of the generations of women who have made bread before you. It's the one thing that pretty much ties all female history together.
4) Hubbie and I went on Safari in Africa for our honeymoon. Trip of a lifetime that. So beautiful, so strangely familiar. You can see pictures here.
5) I am a Francophile. I took French through high-school. I was an exchange student in college (took French at the Sorbonne). I've visited on three other occassions. I'd love to live there some day, at least part of the year. Of course, since I started learning Spanish, my language skills are just getting really confused.
6) Okay, this is obscure. Numbers and letters have always had gender and personalities to me. They just came to me that way from day one. I have no idea if this is normal or weird.
So here are the rules:
Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you’re tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means. That means you may find a short message from me at any time soon in your comments.......
And I'll tag: