I've been tagged...

Author/Illustrator Barbara Johansen Newman over at Cats and Jammers Studio tagged me for a fun game. Here's what I was told to do:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to the blogger who tagged you.

(You can also do the PB version - go to page 23 and just write the text.)

So, if I follow the directions to a t - the nearest book to me is one I'm using for research on my second novel, "Ducktown: Back in Raht's Time" by R.E. Barclay. It details the history of, you guessed it, Ducktown, Tennessee and some of it is purty derned funny. Let's see how this turns out:

pg. 123 Okay, I got creative on the sentence picks - didn't want to bore you. But this is pretty good:
Raht defended the quarterly paydays on the grounds that they tended to reduce lost time from payday celebrations and carousals, and that the fewer times the money was brought to Ducktown the less the chances were of hold-ups along the lonely stretches of the copper road.

Hmm. So I'm gonna tag:
Kerry Madden
Sarah Dillard
Kim Norman
Paula Pertile
Karen Lee

No comments: