I'm the Highlights Illustrator of the Month!!

     Wow! I had heard Highlights Magazine did this sometimes - but I never thought I'd be recognized, especially on the first piece I ever did for them!! Look what arrived in the mail today:

     What a fantastic surprise!! Talk about making my day, my week, my month!! The plaque is a lovely pewter plate which reads:

Highlights for Children
Illustrator of the Month
Elizabeth O. Dulemba
"Egg Drop Soup"
April 2008

     !!! AND they want to send out a press release in my area. AND this after receiving the nicest thank you note from the author of "Egg Drop Soup," Heather Tomasello.
     How much love can one person feel? I'm feeling a lot!! This is going on my Woohoo! table at the TOP of the stairs where I can see it every day.
     Thanks so much to the creative minds behind Highlights Magazine, I'm flattered beyond words.
     Here are the illustrations I did to accompany "Egg Drop Soup," which came out in the April 2008 edition:


     I'm working on the December cover right now - and oh so happy to be doing so!!

No comments: