Digital Sketch Pad?

One of the exiting opportunities of the iPad is its potential as a digital sketch pad - something I've been eagerly awaiting. So I downloaded SketchBookPro (see a quick demo below) and I ordered a pogo sketch stylus pen because you have to use your finger to draw otherwise, and that can be problematic.
     Although I do wish the touch sensitivity of the pogo was even more sensitive, even more attuned to thins and thicks, and worked with a higher ppi than 72, I have to admit this is a GREAT evolution towards a true digital sketch book. I am able to do a rough and email it to myself to then work on it more on the 'big' computer. And although I'm also not very good at drawing on my iPad yet, I imagine a comfort level will easily develop.
     So, overall, this is a great first step and I expect to have the digital sketch book of my dreams a reality within a few years.

2 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Interesting post. I will be hoping for a more refined version and by the time it arrives I might be able to afford it... *:) The idea of having something that travels with you so easily is part of my future plans.

elysabeth said...

I'm not an illustrator but this was interesting. I could see someone who really uses digital sketching to find benefit in this. Maybe the advances will get to that point you are needing - the sensitivity and all. E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

WHERE WILL THE ADVENTURE TAKE YOU NEXT?

http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://junior-geography-detective-squad.weebly.com