Add CSS here to override existing styles... -->

Friday, May 18, 2012

Colosse - A Wood Tale

This is so sweet - Colosse - A Wood Tale! It's by Yves Geleyn - a short film about a robot and a little bird.

At first I thought - this would make such a great picture book! But then I realized, no it wouldn't.
     Why? Because so much of what is cute about this story is the pecking of the woodpecker - and that wouldn't translate as well into print.
     When I do critiques at conferences, I often get stories with the same problem. In motion, the gags would be hilarious. But in print, they just don't translate.
     Have you ever written a story like that? (I know I have!)
     Thanks to The Kid Should See This for the heads up.


Robyn Hood Black said...

Very clever! Love the idea of a wooden robot, and that woodpecker is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

The music adds so much too! That's another thing that can't translate to PBs. Lovely and sweet, tho!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...