Friday Linky List - July 25, 2014

At Wild Things! - "You're Dead Meat, Mr. Lewis" - authors talk about school visits gone awry

At BuzzFeed via Nathan Bransford - 21 '90s Book Titles That Should Actually Exist... like this one:


Also from Nathan at FastCoDesign: 4 Tips on Creativity from the Creator of Calvin & Hobbes

From Nathan Bransford: Advice for Young Writers - good!

Considering I'm teaching at Hollins University, home of Margaret Wise Brown, I'm interested in this article from Opinionator: "What Writers Can Learn From 'Goodnight Moon'."

From Flavorwire via PW: Should It Matter Whether 'To Kill a Mockingbird' Is Young Adult Fiction?

Oh gads! Did y'all see this!? HMH Strikes Deal with Cricket. Achievable only because they demanded owning their creators' copyrights? *blech*

At Travis Jonker's 100 Scope Notes: The Wildest Children's Books of 2014 - I want them all!

From Conde Nast Traveler via Shelf Awareness: 12 Beautiful Bookstores That Are Worth Traveling For

The 2nd Annual Chapaqua Children's Book Festival will take place September 27th with 80 children's book authors speaking - WOW!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the 90's references book titles! I think my favorite might be "Hootie and the Blowfish," but that might be my regional bias talking... :-)