Back to the Beautiful Hollins Campus

How is it possible I forgot how beautiful it is at Hollins University? During the drive up I grew giddy as the Appalachians unfolded before me. Mountains and hills rolled in compact layers with light dappling across them, creating every shade of green and blue imaginable. Hollins itself is kept so pristine, it is simply a healing landscape.
I was happy to see some new art on campus this year.
The deer are still here and as unafraid of us humans as ever. I have seen them sleeping in the grass several times, they could care less about me!
And while I haven't seen any muskrats yet, there are a TON of groundhogs this year - they are all doing the Caddyshack dance:
I helped a luna moth caterpillar move up in the world (I think it was a luna moth caterpillar):
And I've seen a Green Heron, a Blue Heron, and a Kingfisher so far. Here's one of the herons.
Stan is coming up every now and then with his bike and has been riding all over Tinker Mountain—he even saw a bear! (It was also a little bit muddy!)
Truly, walks every morning with long-separated friends on this beautiful campus has been absolutely soul-fulfilling!

No comments: