Foot Surgery

I don't talk about my health on my blog much, but Tuesday I'm having foot surgery and I could use a little help on this one.
     As some of you may know, I've been dealing with chronic plantar fasciitis for some time now. It's why I created my "Bad Foot Bear" back in March. We've tried everything and there's just no way around it, I'm goin' under the knife.
     How can you help? Well, I'm going to be laid up for a while, then on crutches, and generally feeling frustrated and sorry for myself. I could use some mood lifters. SO!
     Got any good jokes (please keep 'em mostly clean), funny stories, or general goofiness to share? Please post them in the comments below.
     Knowing what a creative group of people you are - I can't wait to see what you come up with. And please let me express my thanks here in advance. I hope to be up and running (literally) again soon!

12 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

I will trawl my memory banks for a good joke. In the mean time, take it easy during your recovery and I hope that surgery tomorrow goes well.

Tami B. said...

Wishing & praying for you and for a speedy, speedy recovery. I've got a cute joke but it's probably too long to post here. (Do you want some emailed to you or not have you inbox flooded?)

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Tami - SURE! I'll have time to read it! If jokes are inappropriate for public viewing - or go on too long - you can email them to elizabeth at dulemba dot com. THANKS!!! :) e

Greg Pincus said...

Always good for a laugh (or many, actually): xkcd.

And then, if you are feeling in desperate need... Joe Cocker (captioned). (If you aren't laughing 2 minutes in, you're probably taking too many painkillers).

Here's to a speedy recovery! Oh, Liver!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Greg - How did you know I'm a Joe Cocker fan? :)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! I wrestle with that condition as well and it is amazing just how painful it can be. I wish you luck tomorrow and a speedy recovery!

Donny Bailey Seagraves said...

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Plantar.
Plantar who?
Plantar Fascitis.
Get lost!

(Okay, this is a way dumb joke! Hope your surgery is just thing to send your Plantar Fascitis packing!)

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Love it Donny! THanks! :) e

Peggy Shaw said...

A skeleton walks into a bar and orders a glass of beer and a mop.

Cheryl said...

I am just getting around to reading your post because I was laid up after foot surgery. I didn't have the same thing. I have bone spurs removed. I hope your recovery is going well.

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Oh! You too Cheryl! e

Robert said...

It's painful to get plantar fasciitis. I haven't been in this situation before. However, I once went to the doctor to get my plantar wart removed, so I know it's really hurt. I hope you'll recover quickly :)