Will Hillenbrand on BEAR AND BUNNY

I have a treat for you today - a new way of sharing an interview. Will Hillenbrand, illustrator of BEAR IN LOVE and the new BEAR AND BUNNY, put together a video response to my questions! In it, he talks about the development of Bear and Bunny.

His media (digital - Adobe Photoshop Sketch).

I especially liked his answer to my Heart Art question:
"I think it comes down to our audience. Children are magical. They have a sense of discovery, a magical sense of curiosity, a sense of joy of being alive in the world. As adults we are often spoilers if we think wee are showing the magical world to them without receiving it from them first, the magic turns to dust. The children are the inspiration for the magic. That's why I work and choose to work for them."

Click the image below to enjoy the full interview or CLICK HERE to view it on YouTube:
And visit WILL'S WEBSITE to learn more.

BEAR AND BUNNY. Text copyright © 2015 by Daniel Pinkwater. Illustrations copyright © 2015 by Will Hillenbrand. Reproduced by permission of the publisher, Candlewick Press, Somerville, MA.

No comments: