My very own e-bike!!!

Saturday I got my very own e-bike!
I love it so much, I can't say enough about it! It's called a Hey Bike Mars 2.0.
     Right after I got it, I rode a huge chunk of the Greenway (a lovely paved pathway that runs alongside the Roanoke River through the whole city), more than I've been able to cover on foot. And I stopped to have tea in Wasena, a place I’ve been dying to go to, but that was always just a little too far to walk. I parked it where I could stare at it while enjoying my tea. I couldn't stop smiling. It was especially fun when folks walked by and noticed it, saying "Cool bike!" It IS!
     It's a little different from riding a regular bicycle. It has "peddle assist" which means that whenever you start peddling, a little bit of power kicks in. You can keep peddling, or stop peddling and use the throttle on the handle bar. (And you can adjust how much it helps and how fast it goes.) It can go up to 40mph, but so far I've only had it up to about 18mph. I'll use it to go downtown to the farmer's market, go shopping, meet friends, etc. Downtown Roanoke is so awesome, but parking is expensive and crowded. I'm thinking this will get me out and about more. So far (Day 1!) it has!
Ever since I got rid of my R1200c I've dreamed of having a motorcycle again. Not for fast rides, but for the ease of kicking around. My dreams have literally come true!
Isn't it gorgeous? I am having FUN!!!!🤩 🚲💕

No comments: