France - St. Tropez

Okay, time to get out your small violins to play in pity of my horrible life... Kidding. Grand indulgences lie ahead...
     I knew at a young age that I wanted to experience the world, so I chose to be an exchange student in college. A French student came to stay with us one summer, and then I went to stay with her and her family the next summer. We've been close evr since and I've stayed with them numerous times and visa versa. That was 38 years ago! I call them my "French family." Claude and Monique, my French parents live just outside Blois, which is about 1.5 hours west of Paris. Cathy, my French sister, lives in Paris, but has a small apartment just outside St. Tropez on La CĂ´te d'Azur. Her boyfriend, Patrice, also has a condo there, as does her brother, Marc, my "French brother."
     About a year ago, Cathy sent me a photo of the Meditteranean and said, "come"!
     This month I was heading to Bologna for the Children's Book Fair and it only made sense to take some vacation time on the front side since it only cost a little extra to take the short flight between Paris and Bologna, and I had a free place to stay...
     We visited an olive festival, a vineyard, a beach, a garden, and some fabulous restaurants. Here are some pics!
      That’s the Mediterranean in the distance in this one…from my balcony at Patrice’s condo in St. Tropez…
St. Tropez…

A restaurant we ate in…
Brad Pitt’s love child…
Me and Cathy…
The gorgeous Meditteranean…

No comments: