SCBWI LA Summer Conference - Here I come!!


     Well, tomorrow I'm off to the 2007 SCBWI summer conference in Los Angeles! It was time, y'know? I've been at this crazy career for six years now and while I've attended and spoken at conferences all over the southeast, I've never done national. And I am so excited!
     The list of talented speakers is dizzying and the parties and get-togethers . . . well, they start at 8:30 in the morning and go late into the evenings and they overlap completely. Let's see if this social butterfly can keep the energy level up!
     I also get to show off my new SmartWriters Grand Prize W.I.N. - how exciting is that!? Well, I don't have the award in hand yet (aren't they l o v e l y ? That's mine in front there.), but I'll have a sticker on my name tag. So y'all say "hi" if you see me!
     I'm going to try to keep a running commentary as it all unfolds, so check back to find out what's going on. Not sure I'll be able to include pics at first, those might have to wait until I get home, but we'll see. Anyhow, we head for the airport early tomorrow after a good night's sleep - ha!

Well, it's Sunday morning here in LA and I have a confession to make. I was going to try to comment as the conference unfolded, but have hardly found time to even eat (and I'm not generally one to skip meals!) So, please be patient with me, because I plan on posting a very thorough round-up - with fabulous pictures - upon my return. This has been a wonderful, intense conference with amazing talent, fantastic speakers, and a crowd of equals. I can't wait to share the details!

TA-DA!!! HERE IT IS!
I had to break it into parts - so to read my run-down of this incredible event - CLICK HERE! and click through at the bottom of each post,
or go to a day or event:
FRIDAY
SATURDAY
PORTFOLIO SHOW
The Ball & SUNDAY
MONDAY
Post Conference Play Day

No comments: