Send your love to the NY Public Library Children's Room

     What we do know is that the New York Public Library sold the building housing the Central Children's Room, otherwise known as the Donnell Library Center.
     What we don't know is the future of the Central Children's Room. So, librarian and blogger extraordinaire, Elizabeth Bird (of Fuse #8, syndicated on the School Library Journal website) has put out a call for your good memories of this famous library location.
     I have to say I am completely bummed that I don't have any memories of the library, only hopes for the future. Since diving into this business I have dreamed about sharing my books with children at the Donnell Library Children's Room. It is the heart of the New York children's publishing world, and I sincerely hope that heart keeps beating for a very long time.

No comments: