There's this thing going on around Facebook - friends are tagging each other to share little known life facts. Lynn Cullen (Mrs. Poe) tagged me, and it took some time to write out 9 things. So I figured I'd share them here too:
1. I want to live in Europe someday soon—France preferably. I'm a total francophile and was an exchange student in Paris. I want to go back - for a loooonnnnnggggg time.
2. I'm a workaholic. Okay, that's probably no secret. I usually have a ton of projects going on at any given time, both paid and spec. I could actually use a vacation.
3. I live most of my days in yoga pants and slippers. Going out means getting 'dressed' which is annoying. So I buy tons of black turtle necks, just like Steve Jobs, so that I can throw on clothes easily and not have to think about it too much.
4. I love brussels sprouts.
5. The more I write, the more I feel I might someday put my illustrating aside. That writing muse is one demanding goddess! And the more I get into writing novels (I've sold one, have one in a drawer, and am currently revising a third), the more tempting the writing gets.
6. I am not afraid of dying, but I do feel my finiteness. It's why I work so hard - I want to completely use up this time I have on earth. And when I do finally go, I want to go with a smile on my face and bugs in my teeth.
7. Lately, I've been walking five miles a day, which is a miracle considering I spent two years in a boot with a cane, barely able to walk at all. (Severe, chronic plantar fasciitis which I had surgery for.)
8. My friends are my lifeline - they keep me sane. And with FB and social media, I feel love from all over the world. How awesome is that!? I hope I do a good job of spreading the fuzzies right back.
9. My dog Bernie is in most of my books because they started selling when I included him. He's my baby. My cat, however, is only in one book because she likes to walk all over us at all hours of the night. *Pthwffftttt* She's sweet, but she drives me crazy.