An unexpected award - OMG!!!

I am in tears! I just learned this wonderful news from my university:
Dr. Elizabeth Dulemba, Associate Professor of Design, has been selected by students to be awarded the 20-21 Excellence in Academic Advising Award.
This award is for a faculty member who has demonstrated exemplary advising skills. This is a special award in that the nominations come directly from the students.

Some quotes from students describing Professor Dulemba:
• Always there to help inside and outside of class.
• Checks up on students and goes above and beyond to help when they are struggling.
• Extremely knowledgeable about degree requirements.
• Readily available to advise or talk and listens carefully to make sure students are heard.
• Helped reduce the stress added from this past year and has provided opportunities to connect with others inside and outside the Dept.
• Has been a Godsend this entire year.
This has been such a tough year for students. I cannot relay how much this means to me. What an honor to know that I'm doing a little bit of good in this world during this difficult time!

1 comment:

Ellen B said...

Wow Elizabeth congratulations! Whenever I open your newsletter I wonder how you keep so many balls in the air at the same time ... and during these trying times! Great comments form your students. -Ellen B.