Stan in NYC - Chapter 5

There was one story about my trip to New York that I didn't share yet - it deserves its own post. You may recall that I had my late husband's ashes turned into Parting Stones. I received a whole box full of them and my goal is to spread him around the world in beautiful and significant places, and that's exactly what I've been doing. This now includes New York.
     MJ and I had a break before her train, so we walked down (up?) to Central Park. I had an idea... It's no coincidence that MJ was there for the first of Stan's Parting Stones that I threw out into the world, and the second one, that turned into a funny story. Here she was with me for a third time...
There is a lovely pond on the south side of Central Park that has is simply breathtaking.
We headed for the bridge that straddles it.
And navigated around the piano on the bridge... as you do.
MJ said some nice words.
And off he went!
Chucked into the pond in Central Park!
I think Stan will like it there.
Turns out the pond was quite shallow though. Stan's stones turned out white, so I could actually see him there.
I'm sure he'll sink into the silt quickly, but for now, what a view he has!
     I miss my man; but we are all finite, and I am so grateful for the time I had with him and the adventures we made. I have no regrets. We should all be so lucky.

Follow along!
     I'm in New York City - Chapter 1!
     I'm in New York City - Chapter 2!
     SCBWI New York City - Chapter 3!
     SCBWI New York - Chapter 4!
     Stan in NYC - Chapter 5

No comments: