So I was laying in bed last night (lying? whatever). Anyhow, all those things I've got to do were racing through my head and keeping me awake, as they so often do. To thwart them, I came up with a new way to calm myself down: Think of my five favorite smells/sounds/sights/etc.
Today, I'm listing smells. My five favorite smells are:
• Blooming abelia and orange blossom bushes caught on a gentle breeze.
• Baking bread and brewing coffee (even though I can't drink the stuff).
• The smell of my husband's cooking from the upstairs hallway. (He's really good.)
• Gardenias and magnolia blooms.
• The smell of a burning fire (fireplace) on a crisp, clear winter day. (Can I add the smell of grilling in July?)
Okay, so maybe that ended up being more like seven or eight things. Hm. What are your five favorite smells?
Oh, and you can pair these lists with your five least favorite smells/sounds/sights as well, but I found that to be much less productive towards the sleep process.