-->
home art books bio blog dates TED COLOR! contact    mail facebook behance twitter

Monday, February 27, 2012

Five favorite sights

So, last Monday we covered our Five Favorite Smells. Not only is thinking of favorite smells a relaxing activity to get all those wheels in your head to shut up so you can go to sleep, it's not a bad writing exercise either. Do you forget to include all the senses when you write? Sometimes I do, and I have to go back in and add what a place feels like, smells like. How is the light? What is the weather?
   Anyhow - today we cover sight. My five (ha!) favorite sights are:

   • A grey sky on a purely writing day.
   • New buds on the branches of the tree just outside my window.
   • A fiery yellow sugar maple at its peak in Fall.
   • A beautiful sunrise/sunset. (Not original, but hey.)
   • A freshly made bed, right before I crawl into it.

How about you?
   I had so much fun reading your answers last week and I know you'll remind me of tons of things I've forgotten to list. Have at it!

4 comments :

Theresa said...

What a wonderful thing to think about.
Other than the faces of any one of my children, the first thoughts of my favorite sights are:
-A flower(any flower), in bloom
-A baby(any baby), sleeping
-Christmas tree on Christmas eve after everything is done and everyone has gone to bed, sitting in the dark and watching the blinking lights on the tree.
-Early morning sunrise
-Whales breaching, sometimes, not more than 10 meters from our boat.

There are so many more, but these are the ones that came to mind, first.

Julie Hedlund said...

I love your first one! Those are even more precious to me living in Colorado. Most the time the 300 days of sun a year is fantastic, but it makes the cozy days great too.

Here's a list of mine (besides my children, of course)

1. The sight of my dog at the door when I come home.
2. The moon in any of its phases
3. The tulips on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder in springtime.
4. My name listed as the author on a book (oh.. wait! that hasn't happened yet... :-))
5. Azaleas in full bloom.

Fun to think about!

Anonymous said...

Ummm...okay.
1. A sleeping baby.
2. My children.
3. Any flower that I planted, in bloom.
4. A neat shelf of books.
5. Sunsets.

It's really hard to pick just five things!

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Theresa, I love your Christmas tree and whales images!

Julie, Yup. I love it when my doggie greets me when I return home too. And the azaleas in Atlanta! Oh! It can be like living in an Easter parade.

Anonymous - it IS hard to pick only five things. And isn't that wonderful? :) e

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...