The Other Side of the Story: Supporting Authors You Love

From one of my favorite blogs...
The Other Side of the Story: Noteworthy Links: Sharing the Love, author Janice Hardy says:
"Jody Hedlund writes one of my favorite blogs, and she did a post on ways you can support authors you love. I read this at a time when I was thinking about a post on the same topic, so she saved me having to write it myself...."
What does she link to? Jody Hedlund's post "10 Simple Ways to Support Authors You Love":
Before I was published, I didn’t realize how much authors appreciated readers taking the time to publicly support them. In fact, I didn’t know my support was important. And even if I had known, I wouldn’t have had a clue what kinds of things would help my favorite authors the most.

But now that I’m on the other side of the fence, with one published book out and another hitting the shelves in four months, I realize just how much it means when readers take a little extra time to offer their public support.

Yes, THE best support is actually reading the author’s book. But, if you enjoyed the book, you’ll do the author a BIG favor by taking the support one step further. That one step can make a huge difference. A reader’s word-of-mouth promotion has an enormous influence on pushing a book even further into the public eye. ...
Click here to read the entire post.

And yup - I'm an author too and I LOVE your support! e

2 comments:

Jody Hedlund said...

Thank you so much for the shout out about my post! I appreciate it!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

It's a great post! Good luck with your books! :) e