SCBWI Crystal Kite Member Choice Awards


Voting is now open for the SCBWI Crystal Kite Member Choice Awards. This is a prestigious honor for books, voted on by their local peers. You must be an SCBWI member to vote - and the books available for your vote depend on the region with which you affiliate.
     A BIRD ON WATER STREET is votable in the Southern Breeze region of SCBWI. If you're a member, I sure hope you'll consider voting for my book. Although there are some other amazing titles in there, like... CURSES AND SMOKE: A BOOK OF POMPEII and HADES SPEAKS - both by my friend Vicky Alvear Shecter. (Click the titles to read her interviews.) AW, NUTS! - a debut picture book by Rob McClurkan - who stopped by my blog to talk about it. WANDERING WILDEBEEST - a book of poems by Irene Latham, which I featured recently. DEATH BY TOILET PAPER by Donna Gephart, who also stopped by recently. I AM JAZZ - the transgender picture book that received so much press - by the very young Jessica Herthel. Lori Nichols debut picture book, which has led to a busy career - MAPLE. And SEVEN STORIES UP by Laurel Snyder.
     In other words, there are several books I'll be rooting for. Whichever your favorite - I hope you'll go VOTE!!

No comments: