Book Feature Changes

     I've been interviewing authors and illustrators here at Dulemba.com about their process for about ten years. Over that time, the questions streamlined to get the most effective and helpful answers out of my guests. I now have a vast resource of these interviews, which you can access via the sidebar to this blog, by clicking my Blog Book Tour tag to see them in order, or by going to this site, where I have been busy collating the links (not done yet!): Interviews.
     It's been a good run; but now I'm interested in something slightly different... With my new exploration in mind, I want to know creators' thoughts on Creative Thinking – how they approach it in their life and craft, and how they see it affecting society and the world. So now, I'm asking, “What/how/why did you do things differently in this work/career/life?” “Why/What/How might your thoughts or this book help readers do things or think about things differently?” I’ll be asking creators for about 250 to 500 words on the topic. They can get as light or as into it as they like. I'll still ask for studio photos and images of creative work, of course (we always want to see that!); but this is definitely a new direction.
     Do my questions sound somewhat vague? Well, that's on purpose! Part of the answer is up to the interpretation of the question by the individual creator. I feel like we've all been doing some deep dive thinking during the pandemic, and I want a peek into what has been on people's minds. Yes, it's been a hard and scary time, but we also learned some really important lessons, and I want to know what those are for people, especially creative people. We have good things to take forward from all this, I'm just certain of it!
     So, stick around, I've got several features lined up in no particular order or time frame. Although, I do hope to have a newsletter out in September. Let's see where this takes us!

No comments: