Stop-Motion Photography at #artsWinthrop

I'm teaching Animation 1 this semester at Winthrop. We started with the most basic flip book, moved to a bouncing ball on peg-board paper, and then to stop motion. The students have loved this project and really threw themselves into it. The tripods I purchased with my Course Hero Grant fund were invaluable for this. Students set up their smart phones in all manner of ways to use clay, cut paper, random items, one student even filmed a stop motion of setting up her drum set! For the first time of ever doing stop motion for most of them, they did a bang-up job, and I'm so proud! Here are a few of my students at work... Here's Asher:
And Emily:
Erin:
and Ethan:
Reagan:
and Tianna and Ave, who teamed up for theirs:
Truly, this was so much fun, and several fell in love with stop motion animation as a result! Who knows where it will lead?

No comments: