Tablet preview?

Everybody is talking about the new Apple tablet, wondering what it will look like, etc. Apple isn't letting much info out, but some people are wondering if this is a preview: Sports Illustrated - Tablet Demo 1.5.

Ignore the chicks in bikinis if you can and notice the keyboard at 1:40 and the cool interactive functionality at 2:44. Personally, I'm hoping this will be a 10" tablet as suspected - because if the memory is good enough to do what's shown here, I'll bet it's good enough to run Photoshop. And I would love, love, love to be able to draw like a sketch pad on something like this - to carry it around and use it like an actual sketch book. Think there would be a touch-sensitive mouse pen to go along with it? Would that not be the coolest? Wowsa. My radar is UP!
Thanks to Jen Handler for the heads up!

4 comments:

Nikki S said...

Elizabeth, there already is a computer meant for us artists. And only Wednesday did I finally get to order it.

It is the Modbook, which is a macbook modified with a wacom like screen. I had the opportunity to play with one and fell in love. It even comes with a program called SketchBook, and it is amazing how much like drawing pencil to paper it is!

Check it out.

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

OMG Nikki - I want one too!!!! Dang - it ain't cheap though, is it?

Tasha said...

Drool! I really have Technolust for the upcoming Apple tablet. Can't wait to see what it finally looks like.

Nikki S said...

Actually, they are on sale right now...
And they have come down in price by hundreds of dollars since I first learned about it over a year and a half ago.

Also, when they first came out it was a 6 month wait. Now there are authorized dealers across the nation, which lucky for me, there is one about 30 min. away!!!

Those dealers have technicians onsite that are certified to do the modification in just a week or less!

I went to Mactown, in Ohio and they even offered me a lower price on the demo they have on the showroom floor. I decided against just because I wanted a few things added...