So, last Monday we covered our Five Favorite Smells. Not only is thinking of favorite smells a relaxing activity to get all those wheels in your head to shut up so you can go to sleep, it's not a bad writing exercise either. Do you forget to include all the senses when you write? Sometimes I do, and I have to go back in and add what a place feels like, smells like. How is the light? What is the weather?
Anyhow - today we cover sight. My five (ha!) favorite sights are:
• A grey sky on a purely writing day.
• New buds on the branches of the tree just outside my window.
• A fiery yellow sugar maple at its peak in Fall.
• A beautiful sunrise/sunset. (Not original, but hey.)
• A freshly made bed, right before I crawl into it.
How about you?
I had so much fun reading your answers last week and I know you'll remind me of tons of things I've forgotten to list. Have at it!