Painting!

I've been actually, physically painting today (Wednesday) - a Little Library. Its for an auction to be held during the Decatur Book Festival. And oh man, is it kicking my... tush. My typical illustration method is pencil sketches - scanned - collated and rendered in my computer. I do the whole thing in a cumfy chair with my feet up. Not so with painting!
     I'm on a little stool - back straight - trying to navigate this large white box sitting vertically in front of me. I'm trying to mix colors, and get clean lines with a hand that is nowhere near as steady with a paint brush as it is a mouse.
     All said - what an interesting experience! Despite years of art lessons, I never developed a comfort level with paints - and it's what I'm having to do now - under pressure. And if you can't tell from what I've written - I'm having a blast! :)
     Here's the Little Library so far - very much of a work in progress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love these Little Libraries! And I think yours looks great! (Bet you'll raise a ton of money--can't wait to see it at the DBF!)

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

I knew you'd knock it out of the park! Looks awesome!