Mr. Eric and James Dean - Pete the Cat!


     So, remember I told you I consulted on a self-publishing project a while back, and what an exceptional exception it was to my general opinion on self-publishing? Well, Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes, is a HUGE hit! Since August, they've already run through their initial print run of 2,000 copies and yes, there's interest from New York to take it National.
     Well, Thursday I went to Little Shop of Stories to see Mr. Eric (author) and James Dean (artist) do their thing with a crowd and OMG. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! Things look calm in this photo, but I chose it because it's the only one that wasn't blurry. Most of the time the kids (young and adult) were jumping and bouncing and wiggling and nibbling and generally having an amazingly wonderful time. It was obvious every parent in the room was loving the heck out of their kids - the room radiated pure joy. Wow.
     James drew quick sketches of Pete doing his thing (I want an original...maybe from the book! Guys?) while Eric sang some of his huge library of interactive and very cool songs (he does this professionally).
     Want to see what all the fuss is about? Check out these two girls enjoying the book:

     And they obviously know the song, Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes, which you can click here to hear it and other songs by Mr. Eric.
     All I can say is, it's all good!

No comments: