-->
home art books bio blog dates TED COLOR! contact    mail facebook behance twitter

Sunday, November 14, 2010

James Gurney's "Color and Light"

For those who don't know, James Gurney is the creator of the classic "Dinotopia" series. (Need I say more?) Well, for about two years now he's been dishing out amazing advice to artists on his blog Gurney Journey.
     As he got into it one had to wonder - is he writing a book about all this stuff? I HOPE he's writing a book about all this stuff!
     Indeed he was. And it comes out this November. I know, I have it on pre-order.
     James (Jim) is a master of both color and light - tricky things I tried to explain in my article for the SCBWI Bulletin "Illuminating Color." I've been a fan for a long time (and even interviewed Jim in the article), so was thrilled he posted a flip through of his new book on his blog the other day:

     Dang, I can't wait to read this puppy! :)

2 comments :

Loni Edwards said...

I'm reading his book, "Imaginative Realism" right now. It's gorgeous and full of fantastic information.I can't wait for Color and Light!

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

I need that one too! :) e

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...