"Picture books celebrate childhood. They speak universal truths and help children better understand the world around them. They are often a child’s first exposure to fine art and poetic language. Some picture books are so magical, they define childhood. They become a marker or a milestone in a child’s life." - Dianne de las CasasThey should be celebrated!! Hence, the creation of Picture Book Month. Here's how we're celebrating. There will be...
• A Picture Book Hero featured every day
• A themed calendar (Created by Yours Truly using Coloring Page Tuesday images!) great for teachers, parents, and librarians
• Picture Book Links and Resources
• Links to picture book publishers
• Links to picture book authors/illustrators
• Links to picture book blogs/review sites
• and Picture Book Activities
I love being a part of Picture Book Month, because picture books help children fall in love with reading. Child readers become adult readers. Adults who read are better educated, more informed citizens. A love for reading can change our world!
CLICK HERE (or the image below) to download this year's calendar! I hope all you librarians and teachers out there will use my COLORING PAGE TUESDAYS images with your students!