ALA Youth Media Awards!

Of course, ALA's awards banquet moves to Atlanta... after I've left - PAH! At any rate, I was able to watch via live stream which has become a fun annual tradition of mine. I was so pleased by some of the key wins. Spot on for the Caldecott, RADIANT CHILD:

And I was thrilled for my friends Candice and Eric for the Sibert win for SQUID:

And after recent comments about John Lewis, *ahem*, it was gratifying to see MARCH take home no less than FOUR AWARDS!

And my friend Greg Christie won yet another Coretta Scott King Award honor for illustrating THE BOOK ITCH: FREEDOM, TRUTH & HARLEM'S GREATEST BOOKSTORE - well earned!
      Betsy Bird gives a great wrap-up of the day's events - CLICK HERE. For all the awards, go to the ALA website. I love what one twitterer said, "Today is about celebrating books that win shiny stickers. Every other day is about celebrating ALL the great books written for kids." YUP.

No comments: