Settling in at Hollins...

I arrived in Roanoke, Virginia, home to Hollins University, on Saturday... stopped in Gaffney, South Carolina on the way to pick up a bag of peaches from Abbot Farms. (This is my new tradition as they are THE best peaches on the planet!)
     Saturday was mostly unpacking and hauling supplies up stairs and elevators. Sunday was my inaugural walk around the gorgeous campus. (I do 5 miles with Candice Ransom every morning.) I purchased incidentals and got set up. Monday has been orientation and more nitty gritty stuff like getting internet to work, etc. And I'm finally settled in. Here's my office this year:


     I teach Design in the MFA in Children's Book Writing and Illustrating program as well as the Certificate in Children's Book Illustration program, so I'll be here for the next six weeks. It's a small class this year, so I'm really looking forward to digging in and helping my students with their specific needs.
     Tonight is the welcome party and then classes begin tomorrow. We're off and running!! It feels SOOO good to be back at Hollins - almost like I never left. It's great to be back with my fellow instructors - Ashley Wolff, Lauren Mills, and Ruth Sanderson (on the illustration side). What a treat that this is a regular part of my life now!

No comments: