Decatur Authors

As part of the drum-up to the Decatur Book Festival, I was recently invited to participate in a very groovy affair - a photo shoot of Decatur Authors for posterity. Daren Wang, festival founder, came up with the idea - in keeping with the classic Harlem Jazz Portrait.
     Click to see the image larger.
     Some of the more notable names in the photo are our current National Poet Laureate, Natasha Tretheway (back row, second from left); poet, Lee Furey (front row far left); children's book author Elizabeth Lenhard (front row, 6th from left); children's book author Terra Elan McVoy (front row, 3rd from right); author and master gardener, Ryan Gainey (front row, far right); author and head of Lenz marketing, Richard Lenz (second row, dark jacket); and author Joshilyn Jackson (to Richard's right). I'm in the front row, 4th from the right.
     I'm sure there are many other well-known names in the crowd - I'll include a list when I can. It's amazing that all this talent resides in one small town. And I know a few people who didn't make it!
     All said, I'm flattered and proud to be included in such a fine group of word-smiths.

1 comment:

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

It is amazing how much talent there is one place!!!