Mashed Cauliflower recipe

I don't usually post recipes to my blog, but I've created one too good not to share. I'm especially proud of it because my husband is the amazing cook in our house. I'm usually his sous chef (and a darned fine one at that, thank you very much). But this recipe was all me.
     My mashed cauliflower is so light and fluffy, it melts in your mouth like eating a cloud. AND it's good for you!! It's also dairy and gluten free, which is a diet I've been on of late. I hope you try it!

Mashed Cauliflower
One large or two small heads of cauliflower
one garlic clove
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp mayonnaise
salt and pepper
fresh oregano

     Steam the cauliflower and garlic clove until extremely soft. A fork should hit no resistance going in.
     Place cauliflower and garlic in a food processor with the chicken stock (you can add this slowly as the amount may change according to how much cauliflower you have), olive oil, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Pulse until you achieve the consistency of fluffy mashed potatoes.
     Add fresh oregano and pulse in. (Save a little as garnish for the top.)
     That's it! It is so delicious and tastes like you're being bad and starchy (use in place of mashed potatoes), when actually you're getting your veggies! (You may never eat mashed potatoes again!)
      Leave me a note if you try it - I'd love to hear what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really interested in the bread are you using gluten free flours? Can't wait till you post the recipe. Elee