A Walk Along the River

One of the things that has been lacking in my life during this busy online teaching and PhD studies, is nature. So, the other day, Stan and I headed down to the Riverwalk - a lovely path that winds along the Catawba River...
I had been there once or twice before with friends, but Stan hadn't seen it yet.
I find it ironic that I come across thistles here in South Carolina. It reminds us of our Scotland home.
The woods are a bit like an enchanted forest too.
The path is usually pretty busy with families and doggies, but wasn't too bad when we went. (Masks are now required in our city, although we didn't see very many.)
We actually found a spot that meandered down to the water with a wee little beach. It was too tempting - we stripped off our shoes and went wading. OMG, it felt so good! Here's Stan...
Afterwards, and still barefoot, we found a quiet bench in the shade where I shot this quick video. Because part of what makes this whole trip so wonderful is the sound of rushing water. Click the image below to go visit on Youtube:

No comments: