Victory Walks

Stan and I have increased our walking lately - trying to lose the "Covid 15(lbs.)" so many of us have succumbed to. I swear I want to buy stock in Weight Watchers. Or a work-out clothing company - I've purchased some new workout clothes too. At any rate, one of our walk directions takes us to the lovely Glencairn Gardens. I've shared photos from the garden before. Well, it changes with the seasons. This time, the crops are coming in from the Victory Garden.
The garden was doing really well and there were tons of tomatoes, beans, okra, and cucumbers. I picked a few cucumbers and okra to add to the kitty - a basket at the fence for people to take what they want.
I'm not sure who works the garden, but I wouldn't mind getting involved once we're past Covid. The whole garden is truly so beautiful.
It's a good destination for walking and is about 2 1/2 miles there and back. Perfect!

No comments: