Happy Thanksgiving!

This year, I am grateful for my wonderful students, for my wonderful friends and husband, and for all the developments in vegan offerings that allow me to have my favorite foods without the bad stuff in them. Speaking of which, at Atlas Obscura, I came across this awesome recipe from the 1660s for a Marlborough Pudding (Pie). It's basically an apple pie held together with a whiskey-laden custard. It sounded so good, I had to try it. I replaced the heavy cream with soymilk/olive oil, the sherry with sake (it's what we had around!), and the butter with pseudo-butter, and put the excess mixture into a separate bowl for cooking, and TA-DA!
It worked! And it's yummy! But very sweet. I think I may serve it with sour cream to cut the sweetness. Balance, it's all about balance!
     I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments: