Just Thinking - November

I'm excited that Miyazaki, creator of Studio Ghibli, is coming out with a new film. There's a wonderful article about him at the New York Times.

I'm sad over the loss of non-fiction writer April Pulley Sayre. I met her years ago at a children's book event. She was a star in our field and one of the best writers of non-fiction period. She will be missed. Read a lovely write-up about her at Cynsations.

I love this art made out of trash by Sugarfox - gorgeous!


I love this quote from Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, “So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All they have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to them.”

This article about the benefits of remote learning reminded me of all the online access the University of Glasgow was working towards. They were years ahead of where we are in the US, and that was before the lessons of the pandemic. With the new money funneling into universities for smart classrooms, I hope hybrid options become a priority.

No comments: