Old Shanghai

In the center of Old Shanghai was a pond with a zig-zag bridge. I have heard that your negative energy gets caught in the corners of bridges like this, hence the design.


I wish Stan had been with me to see all this, but in a way, I know he was...
And while I wasn't sure what these lovely bamboo things were, I like to think they were prayers, which seemed quite fitting.

And we hadn't even made it to Yu Garden yet!

To read about my journey in order, follow these links:
01 - Shanghai!
02 - A Mall and Grocery Store
03 - Custom Dress
04 - The Long Museum
05 - The Quay on the Yangtze?
06 - Old City of Shanghai at Huangpu District
07 - Old Shanghai
08 - Dumplings for lunch!
09 - Yu Garden
10 - Storyland
11 - Hot Pot at Cloud Nice Shopping Mall Changning Branch
12 - The China Shanghai International Children's Book Fair
13 - Art Exhibitions at the China Shanghai International Children's Book Fair
14 - Workshop: Gel Printing
15 - The train to Hangzhou
16 - Speaking at China Jiliang University
17 - Hangzhou - Our personal fall-apart party
18 - The Teahouse Garden in Hangzhou
19 - China wrap-up

1 comment:

Christine said...

What a super trip. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Loved the whole experience.
I'm sure you have left some inspirational memories to the young people you met and talked to.
Thank you again