The train to Hangzhou

After the book fair ended on Sunday, Yaxi and I hopped on a bullet train to head to Hangzhou (pronounced Hang(soft "a")•JOE) where she secured me an invitation to talk to students at the College of Art and Communication at China Jiliang University. I was thrilled to be able to try out one of these trains that I'd heard so much about!
What I wasn't expecting is that we would have our own car, just like in Harry Potter with bunk beds and everything!
They were quite comfortable with down pillows and throw blankets. While the view before we left was like this...
once we got moving, it was too dark to see anything, so I took a nap.
And dang! Give me a train to sleep on everyday! It was AWESOME!
     They put me up in a Doubletree by Marriott (totally nice and a very good choice in China!), which had lovely fish in the foyer...

and a heck of a view from my room.
Wish I could have stayed there longer!

To read about my journey in order, follow these links:
01 - Shanghai!
02 - A Mall and Grocery Store
03 - Custom Dress
04 - The Long Museum
05 - The Quay on the Yangtze?
06 - Old City of Shanghai at Huangpu District
07 - Old Shanghai
08 - Dumplings for lunch!
09 - Yu Garden
10 - Storyland
11 - Hot Pot at Cloud Nice Shopping Mall Changning Branch
12 - The China Shanghai International Children's Book Fair
13 - Art Exhibitions at the China Shanghai International Children's Book Fair
14 - Workshop: Gel Printing
15 - The train to Hangzhou
16 - Speaking at China Jiliang University
17 - Hangzhou - Our personal fall-apart party
18 - The Teahouse Garden in Hangzhou
19 - China wrap-up

No comments: