Coloring Page Tuesday - Zebra!

Sign up to receive alerts when a new coloring page is posted each week and to view more coloring pages - click here!

     In honor of the new Zedonk (Pippi Longstocking!) born at the Chestatee Wildlife Preserve in Dahlonega, Georgia, this week I'm giving you an image of her dad - a Zebra! (Her mom is a Donkey and Pippi was born with stripey socks!)

     You can see photos and video and learn more about her on the TODAY show, 11 Alive, the Huff Post, the Early Show, the Associated Press, and YouTube. The original story broke in the Gainesville times here and here. (Do beware the comments which I hear got a bit out of hand.)
     Even better, I have a personal connection as one of my friends, Robyn Hood Black, is a volunteer at the Chestatee Wildlife Preserve and was kind enough to share her photos. She usually helps takes care of the wolves, who she met when she was working on her fabulous book, WOLVES. Here's one of her faves enjoying her book...

     Click the image to open a .jpg to print and color. Send your colored image (less than 1mb) to coloringpages@dulemba.com and I'll post it to my blog! Click here to find more coloring pages.

     Click the covers to learn about my newest picture book, Soap, soap, soap and Soap, soap, soap ~ Jabón, jabón, jabón.

Please follow my copyright policy when you use my images! And share your creation on the Coloring Page Tuesday facebook page!

13 comments:

Susan said...

Oh My! A Zedonk! She is beautiful! Thank you for the zebra image and thank you so much for sharing the story of Pippi. Just amazing.

jg said...

Pippi is adorable! Thanks for sharing her with us, as well as the zebra image.

Sue said...

I love it thank you so much for sharing.

Deebi27 said...

Great story...Pippi! And love your image! I always get really neat bits of info from you...Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Pippi is PRECIOUS!! Thanks for sharing her with us!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet image Thank you for sharing .....

Unknown said...

Such a sweet image Thank you for sharing .....

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Isn't Pippi just completely adorable!?
Makes me all melty, she does!
:)
e

Unknown said...

Thank you SOOOO much for doing my request :D I LOVE IT! :D I will print it out for my daughter in this week and suprise her :D

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

JemKem,
I'm so glad you commented! I knew somebody had requested a zebra, but I lost your email!
Yay, yay, glad you wrote!
:)
e

Unknown said...

Hehe how could I NOT comment on this masterpiece ;) Love it :)

Lenoria said...

Pippi Zedonk is so cute! My niece and her family and my brother live in Gainesville and the next time I am down for a visit I plan to go to the Wildlife Preserve! I didn't know there was one there and I can't wait to take my grandkids!!

Chris said...

I just love Pippi. Thank you so much for the great image.