Food Truck Night at Fountain Park

Every third Friday, Rock Hill has a party. It's called Food Truck Friday and the entire community comes out for it, or so it seems.
And what a wonderfully diverse community it is! I saw a mix of ethnicities from Chinese to African American to Indian to Native American to Hispanic to Caucasian. How nice to see in a little South Carolina town! Of course, the kids didn't notice or care - they were entranced by the bubbles...
Folks brought blankets and folding chairs to listen to the Kevin Nichols Band. The crowd was a bit bigger than this photo at its height. There was still plenty of room for kids to run around, be swung around by their parents, or sport their balloon creations.
Although, the real hit of the evening was the fountain.

Who choreographs these things? At times, it was timed just right to create a rainbow...
At it's peak, it sprayed those of us sitting on my side, which was very welcome in that 90° heat (32c) and set everyone to giggles and laughter. There were the food trucks too, of course. I've been cheating a bit on my dietary restrictions lately (and yes, I'm paying for it), but it's been years since I've had fried chicken and okra like this.
There was also a pickle stand. I happen to adore pickles and these jalapeño pickles were to die for!
It did cool off a bit as the sun went down. The fountain lit up for the night.
And since Fountain Park is all of two blocks from our wee flat, this was our lovely walk home.
I'm really liking it here!

No comments: