Laura's Birthday at Paula's!

I went to my first outing since the Coronavirus lock-down the other day. It was just a few of my new friends (and new to me friends), and we sat six feet apart, so I think we were okay. But OMG was it wonderful to be out and with other people again! We met in Paula's backyard paradise to celebrate Laura's birthday. (Laura is on the left, and Paula is on the right.)
(You may recall I did a four-post feature of Paula's Paradise a while back.) Paula made us a lovely lunch...
And a gorgeous cake and cupcakes for Laura. (Paula goes 200% on everything she does - she is an artist after all!)
We sat out on the back patio talking and sipping lemonade (spiked) and punch. Here are Laura, who just retired from Winthrop, and Kathy.
Alice showed off a pretty cupcake for a photo - her shirt was a perfect back-drop!
We had so much fun just gabbing and catching up on well, everything. Somebody asked what time it was and it was nearly 7:30pm!! Just goes to show how badly in need of some human companionship we all were. I hope we can do it again soon!

Update: Sadly, the day after the party, Laura lost her brother, award-winning LA TIMES sports writer, Chris Dufresne. My best wishes go out to Laura.

No comments: