Hollins University - IN PERSON!!!

FINALLY!!! We will be back in person, on our beautiful Hollins campus for our graduate programs this summer!
This is going to be an interesting summer. Now that I have a PhD in Children's Lit (remember, I'm a writer too!), I'll be teaching a survey course in children's book genres and co-teaching a course with Dr. Chip Sullivan called "The Goddess Figure"! Wild, right? This came out of last summer's theme for the semester, "The Goddess," and a chapter from my dissertation, in which I investigated the possibility of Goddesses being a foil for female tricksters. It's been fascinating to prepare for, and I suspect we're going to have some fabulous discussions!
     Meanwhile, I had just started running a "Picture Book Trends Workshop" before the pandemic. HU is still trying to keep the population down on campus this summer, so I'm still not able to run it yet; however, part of that workshop's goals was to curate the submissions for the Margaret Wise Brown Prize. Since the workshop hasn't been running, three years-worth of books have been piling up. So, I'll be going up a week early to curate those.
     Can't wait to be back to our gorgeous Hollins campus and hang out with all my Hollins peeps! We're joined this year by my good friend, R. Gregory Christie, who is teaching my usual class, Picture Book Design. He's going to be fabulous! We also have E.B. Lewis, Dhonielle Clayton, and Christopher Denise teaching, and wonderful speakers coming in, as usual! Be watching for fun posts coming soon!

Check out our other offerings...
the MFA in Children's Book Writing and Illustrating, the Master of Arts in Children's Literature, or the Children's Literature MFA programs at Hollins University in the breathtaking Appalachian Mountains of Roanoke, Virginia.

No comments: