A BIRD ON WATER STREET - Southern Appalachian Book Tour! and another honor!

I don't even know what to say... A BIRD ON WATER STREET has won another honor! It is THE 2014 National Book Festival Featured Title for Georgia for this year's festival in Washington, D.C. THE title representing the state of Georgia! Holy moly. I have never had a book do what ABOWS is doing - I'm just so wonderfully overwhelmed!
      And this is ABOWS's official kick-off week! (May 7th is it's official birthday.) I have so many fun events (blog stops and in-person engagements) and GIVEAWAYS coming up to celebrate it's release. It's all a part of what I'm calling the Southern Appalachian Book Tour... I hope you can join me for some of the events! They are:

May 7 - A BIRD ON WATER STREET is born!!!
May 7 - I'll visit Cynthia Leitich Smith's blog, Cynsations!
May 8 - I'll visit the blog Kissing the Earth
May 8 - Giveaway of A BIRD ON WATER STREET at my blog Dulemba.com
May 8 - Little Shop of Stories, Decatur, Georgia, 7:00pm: Launch Party with LIVE Bluegrass Music by PLAYING ON THE PLANET!
May 9 - I'll visit Kirby Larson's blog!
May 10 - 11:00am Blue Ridge, Georgia - the Blue Ridge Mountain Arts Association, open to the public!
May 13 - I'll visit Janice Hardy's blog at Fiction University
May 13 - I'll be interviewed by James Taylor for his "Writers in Focus" television show
May 14 - I'll visit Brian Lies blog, "Getting Into Character"
May 16 - I'll visit Sue Poduska's blog, "5thgradereading.net"
May 16 - 10:00am Benton, Tennessee - the West Polk County Library will host me as I talk to students and patrons about ABOWS; then at 1:00pm Ducktown, Tennessee - the East Polk County Library will host me to do the same! And a grant has provided free copies of ABOWS to these Copper Basin readers!
May 17 - The CITY of Copperhill, Tennessee (where the story takes place) is going to throw a city-wide shindig for ABOWS from 11:00am - 3:00pm, and folks who I interviewed will share their stories on stage with me!
May 19 - I'll visit Darcy Pattison's Blog, Fiction Notes
May 19 - 7:00pm Brasstown, North Carolina - The John C. Campbell Folk School will host me for a reading and book signing!

Like I said - holy mackerel! It's going to be a wild and crazy and wonderful few weeks full of GIVEAWAYS! I hope you'll help me celebrate!

2 comments:

Jess Accetta said...

Wow! How exciting-only wish I lived down south to share in the celebration!! Big congrats...

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Thank you Jess! That's one thing I don't like about our wonderful internet world - so many of my good friends are scattered all over the globe, they can't come to my parties! I wish you could! :) e