Launch Party Wrap-Up!

OMG! To kick off the release of A BIRD ON WATER STREET, Little Shop of Stories in Decatur, Georgia hosted my launch party. My dear friends of Playing on the Planet played bluegrass music, we had munchies, I did a reading... and was caught off-guard when folks clapped after each section I read - wahhh? :)
     SO many friends showed up - over 100 folks. I was getting hugs and warm wishes about the book all night - so amazing! I signed tons of books and basically shined like a happy glow-worm! Perhaps the pictures tell it best...
     The party started before it started. The band and Doris Abernathy (the book is dedicated to her) and Stan and I all met at the Brick Store Pub for an early dinner...
     Stan has a new camera and has become my own personal paparazzi - the down side being, you won't see him in any of the photos. The upside being, he took some great photos! Like these of me and Doris, caught in a typical moment of her telling me a story, and me soaking it up like candy...

     I love this one too...

     He took so many great ones of everybody - I'll be sending them along soon.
     Back at the ranch, Little Shop put together a great display in the front window...

Playing on the Planet...

     Lisa Jacobi, the lead singer, is the friend who invited me to the meeting where the Muse first demanded I write A BIRD ON WATER STREET. I love it when life comes full circle like that!


They played for a while, and then I did my thing...
Ms. Kimmie gave me an awesome introduction - LOVE her! Picture coming soon...

It was a lovely, attentive crowd. You can tell from this photo, but it ended up standing-room-only with a big crowd in the back - yay!

My family sat in the front row - Aunt Anne, Doris Abernathy (my adopted Grandmother), Mom and Dad...

Everybody bought books and I signed for a good long while...

Then we all hung out and listened to more music. Here's Amy, Prescott and Lisa...

Donna and Lisa

Bruce, Vicky, and Diane (owner of Little Shop)

Daren Wang (Director of the Decatur Book Festival) and me...

Seu (Lisa's talented daughter) and Bill Fleming's copper-haired daughter - who looks just like the main character of the prequel I started a while back...

I was so grateful to Lisa and the band for coming from all over to north Georgia to help me celebrate...Click to see this next one larger in a new window.

What an amazing night, what amazing friends. I am so lucky and humbled and flattered and just, well, grateful!!!! THANK YOU all!!!!

No comments: