Once I had those completed, I went to the print studio. I couldn't find the black ink, so created a dark hue with prussian blue and raw umber. It was lovely. Of course, the black ink was right in front of me the whole time. I just didn't see it. But the color I ended up with was so nice, I'm glad I missed it. I'll probably create my own black from now on!
I tell you, so much of art is happy accidents or just working with what you have on hand! I rolled out the ink and here's the first round.
The only down side with relief printing is you can't take your victory with you when you leave - it's still wet. So, I'll go back to the workshop tomorrow to get my prints for scanning. I'll keep some at the small size because I think they'd make great coasters. One of the print room techs recommended buying cork flooring - brilliant! Some pieces I'll blow up for potential change purses or pillows. (I bought some zippers when I went fabric hunting this weekend.) All said, I'll be curious to see how these turn out. More soon!