Books that should be on your radar

These are some especially good reads I've enjoyed recently...
They are: Kiss Number 8 by Colleen Af Venable and Ellen T. Crenshaw
          The Book of Boy by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
          Bloom by Kevin Panetta and Savanna Ganucheau

Kiss Number 8 is a coming-of-age, coming-out story of Mads. She's trying to like boys the way her friends do, but it just isn't working. She's much more interested in her trouble-making friend Cat...

The Book of Boy is set in the post-plague era in Italy through the eyes of a peasant boy who meets the most unlikely companion on a quest to gather relics of Saints. I can't tell you much because of spoilers, but just trust me on this one. It will delight and surprise you. Great read!

Bloom is another coming-of-age, coming-out story that is so honest in its portrayals, and so endearing, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. Ari is expected to work in his parent's bakery after high school, which is the last thing he wants to do, until they hire a new employee, Hector, who shakes up all of Ari's plans. You'll be rooting for this couple as much as I was by the end of the book!

No comments: