WU is all about Getting Out the Vote!

I've been working closely with a fellow professor of Political Science, Katarina Moyon to help fire up our students to vote this November. You may recall the mural my students created last spring for the "Narrative and Editorial Illustration" class: LINKS HERE. It was completed right before Covid hit, so we were bummed it wouldn't get seen like we were hoping.
     Well, Katarina is using it as the backdrop for "Big Stuff," our Eagle mascot in our Winthrop U promotions to encourage our students to vote!
Here is Katarina with Big Stuff and face masks that help spread the word (and block the virus):
The pictures are feeding into a slideshow that is all over our teaching platform, Blackboard. The slideshow walks students through where to vote, how to vote, and what their rights are - fabulous!
Meanwhile, I have one of my freshmen drawing classes working on "Vote Zentangles" as one of their projects, and I'm talking it up like crazy. In this voting season where I can't volunteer to drive folks to the polls or actually work the voting stations, I am so glad I can help contribute in this way. Because, EVERY VOTE COUNTS!!! #WUVotes2020
     Are YOU registered to vote and do you know where your polling station is? CLICK HERE to learn more: https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote.

1 comment: