1st Suwanee Festival of Books

Sunday I had the pleasure of speaking with the author of THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS IN GEORGIA, Susan R. Spain, (I'm the illustrator) at the very first Suwanee Festival of Books in Suwanee, Georgia!
     Our books made their first public appearance, as did Susan and me together, and if I do say so myself, it was FABULOUS!!! We had a GREAT crowd as we sang and went through the fun and sometimes crazy things you can find in our fair state of Georgia. I drew like crazy as Susan described each layout.

I may do a few things differently next time to create better drawings, but as it was, it was an hilarious adrenalin rush to draw "12 kangas bouncing..."! Everybody was laughing as I tried to keep up (in a good way)!

     (Notice the superheroes who dropped by to help us out?)
     Afterwards we signed a ton of books. Barnes & Noble bent over backwards to get our new title in stock (it's only just now starting to reach warehouses - expect the big TA-DA! soon). Boy did they make us look good. And Kolinda Scialabba was a wonderful hostess. Boy can that woman throw a party. She even recorded us and other visiting authors for quick television promos!

     (Mark Braught and Laura Knorr can be seen in the background signing their books; and Heather, our B&N sales guru.)
     All said, the day was a huge success and I hope to go back!

3 comments:

Vicky Alvear Shecter said...

So cool! I wish I'd seen you guys!

Sarah Campbell said...

I'm glad it went well. I can't wait to see the book.

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

We truly had a blast - this is going to be a fun book to promote! :) e