SCBWI Carolinas Fall Conference!


Tomorrow I'm off to speak at the SCBWI Carolinas Fall conference in North Carolina: Inventing Story: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
     For the first time, I'm doing manuscript critiques (picture books) and I'll speak about "Picture Book Dummies" - How creating dummies helps both writers and illustrators make picture books shine. I also get to hang out with folks in the industry who have become friends, and who I only get to see at conferences. It's a party!
     It would seem this is the busiest weekend of the year in this biz as it coincides with SIBA trade show in Daytona, Florida and the National Book Festival in Washington, DC. I wish I could clone myself so I could have done them all!
     Whatever you do this weekend - it's going to be hard to avoid the world of books! (And who would want to?)

6 comments:

CL said...

Looking forward to seeing you at this conference!

Write2ignite said...

How exciting! I led a workshop a few years ago at one of the fall conferences in Durham. It was a blast! I'm sure you'll blow them away. If I was able to go, I'd sign up for your class. I'm not an illustrator, but I love learning about the whole process of picture books!

MrBibleHead said...

Knock their socks off Elizabeth! Thanks for the info on the Book Fest. God bless!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Thanks guys! I had a great time! Wrap-up will be posted Wednesday. :) e

Brooks Jones said...

It was great meeting you at the conference, and I appreciate you sharing your wisdom!

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

You too Brooks! :) e