Scouting for a Night at the Museum

Last week, my PhD supervisor (Maureen Farrell) and I went to the Hunterian Museum on the University of Glasgow campus to scout out the space we'll occupy for the Fantasy Scotland: Night at the Museum! There, I saw the actual sorting chair
- actually known as the Blackstone Chair where award-winning PhD students get the honor of giving their VIVAs.
After the sorting chair, the first thing to greet you in the museum is the skeleton of NESSIE!
Our space will be in the back - completely transformed through the use of free and leftover art supplies - cross your fingers we can pull off something wonderful!
Afterwards, Maureen gave me a wee tour about.
Can you believe she was actually married HERE?
Wow. I'm truly lucky to be able to claim a part of this amazing campus!

No comments: